FAST is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic and energetic coach to fill the role of Senior Coach for our year-round competitive swim team. Selected Coach will be a team player and will also support the age-group coaches and spend time coaching age-group swimmers. FAST is a non-profit, board-governed, coach managed swim team in Tucson, Arizona, operating out of the beautiful Oro Valley Aquatic Center near the Catalina mountains. The ideal candidate will have high energy and passion for swimming, be charismatic and personable, be knowledgeable about technique and stroke mechanics of the sport and be willing to help drive the club’s growth. This coach will support and carry out the mission of FAST and the philosophy of our coaching staff. What’s our Mission? Mission and Vision - Providing an environment for every swimmer to thrive according to their skills and goals.
- Development and implementation of the training program for the senior group level
- Continue to evaluate, refine and actively implement Team’s Coaching Philosophy, Mission, and Vision
- Lead Senior program in pursuit of their goals - from non-competitive swimming for fitness to competitively-aspiring swimmer with goals of Junior /Senior National and Olympic Trials qualifications and preparing those that desire to swim in college and beyond.
- Promote and maintain positive and encouraging environment for the senior program
- Provide guidance, feedback and support on training programs for age group swimmers
On-deck coaching/training of our Senior Group and additional support coaching for age groups as necessary
- In conjunction with dryland coach, develop comprehensive dryland training for Seniors
- Manage approximately 50 swimmers in senior age group division with varying levels of experience
- Attendance, leadership and coaching at swim meets
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Establish and maintain regular and timely communications with swimmers, parents, coaches and board members.
- Ability to work with and maintain professional relationships with staff, board members, other coaches and the Town of Oro Valley
- Participate in team projects, planning and programs and support team activities, including FAST-hosted swim meets.
The ideal candidate has:
- Up to date USA Swimming credentials - USA Swimming Registered Coach
- Prefer 4 + years coaching experience (at least 2 + years leading a Senior Program)
- Knowledge and ability to teach technique and stroke mechanics
- Knowledge and ability to set up a season and long term training plan
- Lifetime Growth Mindset - Seeking knowledge and experience to grow as a coach
- Ability and willingness to work with all ages and ability levels
- Prefer Experience/knowledge of technology (video, social media, etc)
- Prefer Knowledge of TeamUnify online team management program
- Travel to out of town meets as necessary
- Understand that this position will require working mornings, evenings and weekends
Full-Time position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Ideal candidate to start in February 2019, but not later than April 1, 2019 and work with current Senior Group Coach through summer long course season.
If interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, letter of interest and desired salary.