Cupertino Hills Swim and Racquet Club is looking for a Head Swim Coach for our 2019 season -- April 1 through July 14.
Our team is dedicated to providing a fun and supportive team environment, encouraging healthy competition, and improving swimming technique. We have 120 swimmers.
We are looking for a coach who can:
- Create a positive and supportive team environment
- Emphasize stroke and turn techniques and conditioning
- Instill a sense of sportsmanship, loyalty, and willingness to work hard
- Mentor assistant coaches
- Plan, monitor, and attend scheduled practice sessions
- ~12-16 hours per week April 1 through June 8
- ~20-22 hours per week June 10 through July 14
- Coach one practice meet on a Sunday in May, five dual meets (Saturdays ~8am-noon in June and July), and one championship meet (July 14) in accordance with Junipero Serra Swim League protocol
- Attend swim team activities planned by the Swim Team Committee
- Attend award ceremony following the championship meet. In collaboration with Assistant Coaches, determine awards for swimmers. Announce and distribute awards
- Serve as a member and/or advisor on the Swim Team Committee
- Provide swim clinics and private lessons, if interested.
Potential opportunity for an yearly part time position as an Aquatics Director to oversee swim programs beyond the 2019 season.
Current lifeguard and CPR certification required. Background check required.
Please contact Marie Wong at email@example.com or 408-253-3483