The Aquatics Club Head Coach is a key position in establishing and developing the newly created aquatics club. Along with the Club Administrator, the Head Coach will be responsible for day-to-day operations. Within a flexible schedule that includes early morning, evening and weekend hours, the Head Coach is responsible for all program offerings from parent & tot to learn-to-swim through to masters, the design and delivery of those programs, and the staff that deliver them.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish a safe learning and training environment that is fun, strive for personal best performances and support ASD’s mission, vision, values and strategies.
- Develop club programs based on Sport for Life – Long Term Athlete Development principles, best practices from around the world and based on community demand.
- Act as head coach for the ASD swim teams competing in interschool and other competitions.
- Employ a coordinated coaching philosophy, methodology and developmental progression across all program offerings.
- In consultation with the Club Administrator and the Aquatics Director, schedule aquatics coaches and instructors, pool space and other resources.
- Supervise staff along with recruiting, training and certification, evaluation and discipline.
- Support the Club Administrator with event organization and management.
- Set the competition calendar and design individual practices within an overall periodized plan.
- Together with the Aquatics Director and Club Administrator, develop an annual budget for the club.
- Exercise administrative judgement and assume responsibility for decisions, consequences and the results having impact on people.
- Ensure club activities support ASD’s mission, vision, values and strategies, and ensure adherence to school policies and procedures.
- In consultation with the Club Administrator, respond to concerns from parents and club members.
- Form positive professional relationships and liaise with others, particularly clubs in the country and the region.
- Other duties as assigned by the Aquatics Director.
Knowledge & Skills:
- In depth knowledge, understanding and ability to articulate Sport for Life – Long Term Athlete Development (S4L - LTAD) principles and their application to aquatics.
- Understanding of swim training including periodization, skill acquisition, training and workout design.
- Working knowledge of Hytek Team & Meet Manager.
- A strong leader with an ability to build positive, professional relationships.
- Works well with, and is able to relate to children, youth, and adults.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in English.
- Exemplary organizational, time management and stress management.
- Effective dispute resolution skills.
- Work independently without direct supervision and as part of a team.
- A self-starter who anticipates work tasks.
- Willingness to seek out professional learning to remain current with advances in teaching and training.
- Demonstrate ability to work in an educational environment.
- University or college degree in kinesiology, physical education, coaching science, recreation or equivalent.
- Minimum ASCA level 3 or ASA level 3 or national equivalent.
- Minimum (5) years experience as a head coach, assistant coach or in supervisory capacity working with a wide range of ages and abilities.
Required Documents Post Selection Process:
- Education diploma or certificate (authenticated)
- Health and police clearance
- Arabic fluency would be a bonus.
- Ability to work in a PC, Apple and Google Apps environments.
- Valid First Aid certification.
- Valid CPR certificate.
- Pool Management Certification