This position works closely with the Associate Aquatics Director in developing, coordinating, and coaching the Masters Swim Program in a safe and responsible manner. This person will be provided with general supervision by the Associate Aquatics Director and will need to be organized, self-motivated, resourceful, and able to successfully manage the programs with minimal direct supervision. This candidate will plan, organize and develop swimming workouts for members of various skills and developmental needs. Instructs members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Build positive relationships with swimmers and members while promoting programs.
- Develops, coordinates, and manages the Masters Swim Program in a safe and responsible manner
- Writes and Coaches all Masters Swim practices.
- Creates and executes training programs to assist swimmers to achieve their individual goals.
- Provides swimmers the opportunity to improve technique, strength and swimming stamina.
- Identifies and recruits strong talent to help develop a successful swim program.
- Builds positive relationships with swimmers and members while promoting programs.
- Oversees program participants at Masters Competitions.
- Previous experience in a similar role coaching and writing aquatics curriculum for competitive and/or recreational swimmers
- Competitive swimming experience or knowledge thereof
- Knowledge of stroke mechanics and proficiency in teaching stroke development, stroke correction, and proper technique
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor, provide leadership, and exhibit a positive, team-building attitude
- Physical demands including the ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques (out of and in the water), lift and move light pool equipment
- Organized, self-motivated, resourceful
- Ability to motivate adult athletes in a positive manner
- Must be able to work early mornings and evenings.