POSITION: Dynamo Swim Club located in Chamblee, GA is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Age Group Coach. The ideal candidate will work directly with developmental 10 & under athletes. This position reports directly to the Head Age Group Coach and the Head Coach.
BACKGROUND: For over 50 years, Dynamo Swim Club has continually grown and developed into a model 18 and under club in the US. As a top age group program in Georgia Swimming, Dynamo has built numerous state champions and record holders and has achieved national recognition in countless National Age Group Top 16 rankings. Furthermore, Dynamo consistently has more Scholastic All Americans than any other team in the country. Since the early 1980s, Dynamo swimmers have represented the United States at the Olympic Games, World Championships, the Pan American Games, Pan Pacific Championships, The Goodwill Games, and the World University Games. American Swimming Coaches Association has repeatedly recognized Dynamo’s exceptional training and stroke technique which has resulted in titles at USA Swimming Senior and Junior National Championships. Dynamo had four swimmers in Rio for the 2016 Olympics and Paralympics. Gunnar Bentz (gold medal) and Jay Litherland (5th) represented the USA, as did Paralympic finalist, McClain Hermes (8th). Additionally, 2012 London Olympian Matias Koski made his second Olympic appearance in Rio, representing Finland.
- We concentrate on being a team first – promoting the team culture and atmosphere. We always ask our athletes to invest in one another and each other’s success, as opposed to only focusing on personal success.
- As a staff, we really believe in teaching before we train. There are a tremendous number of phenomenal coaches in the Atlanta area – we don’t want our practice to look like every other practice out there. We find creative ways to get athletes to do what we want them to do, and make sure that the swimmers understand that hard work is great, but not working efficiently won’t help the hard work.
- We teach, train, and compete in all strokes and all distances, putting value in a well-rounded swimmer. We strongly believe in long-term athletic development
To pursue Excellence in Competitive Swimming
To be the model 18 and under club team in the United States
- Respect our teammates, our coaches, our tradition, ourselves
- Honor our sport and the pursuit of excellence
- Be bold pursue excellence without reservation
- Show grit and overcome setbacks
- Recognize the need to work as a team
- Commit to growth and development of all individuals within Dynamo
- Set high standards rather than enforce rules
To learn more about Dynamo, visit: www.dynamoswimclub.com
- Establish and maintain relationships and open communications with swimmers and parents
- Management/running of daily practices. This must be done in a direction that supports the coaching philosophy and direction of the club as established by the Head Coach
- Meet with the Lead Coach to discuss problems or opportunities. These meetings should also ensure that the management of the program remains united with one direction.
- Create a positive team-oriented atmosphere where swimmers learn the values of Dynamo Swim Club
- Prepare athletes for a successful transition to the next level of Dynamo Swim Club
- Coach with energy, passion and engagement
- Continually learn to be a better coach
- Maintain high standards, both personally and of athletes
- Provide opportunities for swimmer goal setting and evaluation meetings
- Support athletes in their academic goals and pursuits
- College Degree (preferred)
- Competitive Swimming Experience (required)
- Swim Coaching Experience (required)
- Candidates must possess integrity, strong communications skills; and a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential.
- Part time position and salary will vary depending on qualifications and experience
APPLICANTS: Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume with references to:
Ian J. Murray
Dynamo Swim Club