We're seeking an Assistant Swim Team Coach to join our team. As our new Assistant Swim Team Coach you will:
- Be approachable and visible to all club members and all swim team families.
- Bring an enthusiastic and energetic approach to each and every practice.
- Develop strong, lasting relationships with all swimmers on the team and the lap swimmers.
- Ensure the safety of swimmers at the practice by following proper precautions and regulations.
- Give swimmers knowledge to understand and master stokes allowing for movement up through the swim team groups.
- Be on deck before swimmers begin practice, to greet swimmers and parents.
- Help set up and run swim meets as deemed necessary by the Head Coach. 9. Communicate effectively with the Head Coach about daily practice procedures, emergencies, and information regarding swimmers and swim team well-being.
- Attend any and all team meeting, get together, as deemed necessary by the Head Coach.
- Maintain structure and discipline within a group setting, while encouraging and promoting student participation in as positive manner.
- Engage parents and cultivate relationships to create a collaborative swim team environment
- Develop a dryland training program and execute during daily practices.
- Keep current with research in aquatics related areas.
- Assist the lifeguards with the enforcement of pool rules and in helping lap swimmers find lanes available to them.
- Assist with the development and marketing of all Aquatics programs.
- Other duties when needed.
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard certification (AED, CPR, First Aid) or Coaches Water Safety and AED/CPR and First Aid.
- Extensive experience working with children and teenagers.
- Strong background in competitive swimming.
- Must have at least two years of coaching experience.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Strong service orientation and attitude; the ability to provide members, guests and staff with exceptional service in a friendly and professional manner.
- Superior communication skills.
- Ability to relate to diverse populations.
- Enthusiastic, responsible and team-oriented.
- Exposure to variety of weather elements.
- Requires long periods of standing.
- Moderate use of computer terminal screen, right or left hand use, Typing.
- Grasping and gripping movements.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. Some lifting may require additional assistance from another staff person.
- Employee expected to use discretionary judgment and ask for assistance from another employee if an item is perceived to be too heavy to lift without assistance.
- Use of personal safety equipment required.
- Frequent use of pool and cleaning chemicals.
- Continuous exposure to moderate to loud noise.
- Occasional exposure to bodily fluids.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, climbing, kneeling, and bending.