About the Team:
The Swimchester Sailfish Swim Team is seeking experienced and enthusiastic coaching candidates for our full time (20-40 hours/week) Head Coaching position.
The Swimchester Sailfish Swim Team (SWSF) is a volunteer/parent board-governed, coach-managed, registered 501(c)(3) non-profit, competitive swim team serving 50-70 children in Winchester, Kentucky and surrounding communities. We train at the College Park Indoor pool (6 lanes x 25 yards) during the Short Course season, and at the Tates Creek Aquatic Center in Lexington, KY (50 meters) during the Long Course season.
Our mission is to teach, train and help swimmers, of all levels, realize their highest potential. We value dedication, hard work, team pride, friendships, physical and mental well-being, individual growth and progress towards excellence, both in the pool and in life.
Head Coach duties include, but are not limited to:
- Leading by example, building a successful team and a positive swim culture.
- The development, implementation, and refinement of a complete, contemporary, season-long swim program, with corresponding dry land training.
- Attending, overseeing and participating in regularly scheduled weekly team practices.
- Coaching the team at all swim meets, while regularly providing feedback and constructive criticism to SWSF swimmers.
- Teaching, mentoring, and motivating swimmers to reach their highest potential both in and out of the pool.
- Continually working toward improving each swimmer’s technique, providing effective motivation and a positive attitude and relationship with each swimmer.
- Overseeing individual goal setting twice annually (Short Course and Long Course).
- Developing, training, and mentoring additional assistant coaches when applicable, to ensure a reliable, cohesive, and positive coaching environment with an emphasis on teamwork and personal growth. Oversee scheduling as needed to cover all practices and meets.
- Working effectively with the SWSF Board of Directors to promote the overall goals of the team.
- Being highly visible, approachable and maintaining open lines of communication with parents, swimmers, coaching staff, board members, facility staff and all stakeholders.
- Conducting an annual seasonal swim clinic for the Winchester Country Club in order to foster good relationships with their coaches and parents.
- Regularly attend and participate in board meetings, team social events, and activities.
- A willingness to participate in fundraising activities and events.