Head Swim Coach
Camana Bay Aquatic Club
Camana Bay Aquatic Club is looking for a dynamic leader to help us build our already established team. The ideal candidate will have the skills and experience to work with current staff, the club board of directors, member families, and swimmers to develop and implement a plan for the future of our club.
We want you to:
- Oversee and operate the competitive swim programs as well as helping the rest of CBAC staff in operating all club programs
- Operate an aquatics club that allows all levels of athlete to excel in the sport while teaching the importance of sportsmanship, competitive spirit and teamwork
- Motivate, inspire, and support a range of diverse athletes from pre-competitive to elite levels
- Develop and implement comprehensive training programs and run senior and development level group practices while maintaining the highest safety standards at all times
- Oversee coaches, staff, and volunteers involved with the aquatic programs
- Develop a positive club spirit, pride, and presence during practices and at competitions
- Collaborate with other coaches on the island to be able to develop Cayman Islands swimming as a premier swimming nation in the region
- Ensure continuity of teaching progressions from the introductory level to the elite level training squad of the club
- Collaborate with the staff and Board of CBAC to create and implement projects and innovative aquatic programs (including new offerings, camps, events, etc.)
- Assist with all team operations such as, but not exclusive to, team building events, fundraising, promotions in the community, uniforms, swim meets and awards, monthly newsletters, and extra educational seminars
- Promote aquatic sports in the Cayman Islands
- High school diploma (university preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years high-level coaching experience
- A current coach-member in good standing with a FINA recognized governing organization
- A current and valid CPR and first aid certificate
- Proven ability to grow an aquatic program
- Expertise & experience in developing an elite level competitive training program including dry-land and psychological elements
- Proven ability to implement technical swimming knowledge including technique, training, and season planning for all levels
- Strong computer skills and experience with basic office software (Meet Manager and Team Unify experience preferred)
- University-level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in planning and organization with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Amazing references from prior coaching positions
SALARY: USD $50,000 – $65,000 annually (Tax free)
BENEFITS: Competitive Package Offered
To apply, please submit a resume and letter of application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about the position, feel free to contact us.
Applications for these opportunities will be accepted until Midnight, July 16, 2019 or until filled.
Camana Bay Aquatic Club (established 2010) is a member-run non-profit club located on Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. The club has over 200 athletes and features a pre-competitive and competitive swimming program, an Artistic swimming program and a Master’s swim program. We have experienced unprecedented growth over the past year and want to see that continue through growing our current programs as well as expanding our offerings. We train in a beautiful outdoor, 8-lane, 25-meter facility with unfettered access to the world-famous Seven Mile Beach and the crystal clear Carribean Sea just blocks away. Our athletes compete in local and national competitions as well as represent the Cayman Islands in regional and global meets (including this year’s FINA World Championships).