The Sea Lions Swim Team (SLST) is currently looking to fill the position of Head Coach. The Sea Lions call Eisenschmidt Pool in St. Helens, OR home and serve swimmers in Columbia County from Scappoose to Rainier. St. Helens is located on Highway 30 about 25 miles Northwest of downtown Portland.
SLST has approximately 30 - 40 year round swimmers ranging in age from 6 – 18 years. The Head Coach is responsible for coaching Age Group and Senior level swimmers and working with the Novice Coach to develop swimmers, set goals for swimmer performance, and establish club goals.
Applicants should have a minimum of 1 year coaching experience with swimmers at all ages, including some experience/knowledge of coaching senior level athletes. Coaching candidates should have strong communication skills and are expected to be passionate about developing swimmers and building a strong club.
• Conduct 5 practices per week. Practice time is Monday – Friday from 5:15 – 6:45 pm.
• Write workouts for both the Age Group and Senior Group and coach on deck during practices.
• Work closely with the Novice Coach to maintain and develop current swimmers and grow the team.
• Schedule swim meets (1 meet per month) and encourage participation.
• Manage entries for swim meets and attend swim meets.
• Establish a positive environment that promotes the love of swimming.
• Work with the board to communicate with swimmers and parents.
• Work with the Meet Director for the team’s annual home meet, held in November each year, and encourage participation by all SLST swimmers.
• Adhere to all USA Swimming policies
• Perform administrative duties as necessary (i.e. tracking attendance)
• Current CPR/AED certification
• Current First Aid certification
• Current Safety Training for Swim Coaches certification
• Current Lifeguarding Certification (preferred)
• Concussion Training
• Athlete Protection
• Knowledge of Team Unify management system (preferred)
• Knowledge of Hy-Tek system (preferred)
Compensation is negotiable based on experience but range from $18 - $22/hour with annual salary range of $10,000 - $12,500 per year. Professional fees and continuing education opportunities are paid for/reimbursed by the team. Additional bonus may be awarded at the discretion of the Board.
Interested applicants, please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information of 3 references to the SLST Board President, Chad Ryan, at email@example.com.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and position is open until filled, with desirable start date between mid-August to mid-September 2019.
Any applicant offered a conditional job offer must successfully pass a background
check to be conducted per USA Swimming guidelines as well as possess all USA Swimming required certifications before job offer is finalized.