South Shore Sails Swim Team
The South Shore Sails is located in League City, Texas. We are looking for a new Head Coach. We have on average 180-200 swimmers from developmental to the national level. We operate out of The Fitness Center at South Shore Harbour and surrounding high school pools. We have access to a 50 meter pool for the long course season. We have degreed fitness specialists for dry land training. The South Shore Sails are a Bronze level status team and a club recognition level one.
Our Mission: We, the South Shore Sails, strive to build outstanding athletes as well as community members. We will emphasize a team environment while maintaining individual attention.
Job Summary: The South Shore Sails is seeking an experienced, innovative and energetic head coach for our team. This person will be responsible for the development and growth of a competitive club from the developmental to elite levels. They should also have administrative skills and give strategic direction for long term planning and day to day training plans along with staff development. This is a full time, year round salaried position.
The Head Coach will be responsible for these aspects of the team:
- Development, organization and implementation of our swim program including implementation of our mission and strategic planning among coaches, athletes and guardians
- Supervision and development of the coaching staff
- Evaluation, improvement and growth of the entire program from Learn to Swim program to the National level
- Compliance with Safe Sport policies
- Use all USA Safe Sport policies when planning travel swim meets and camps while supervising all activities
- Our coach should be proactive in helping athletes and their families through the University recruitment process
- Promotion of a family atmosphere for the overall health of the team
- Be highly visible, approachable, consistent and professional with communications, both verbally and in written forms to all involved in the program and the swim community
- Advocate for the team and overall organization while coordinating with volunteers on projects and activities
- Develop public relations and communication plan to promote the value of our program throughout the community
- Keep a good working relationship with the Clear Creek Independent School District swim coaches, directors and League City officials with respect to pool rentals
- Collaborate and work with South Shore Sails Booster club and be supportive in all activities in regards to fundraising
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with local high school coaches and Directors of Clear Creek Independent School District
- Attend local LSC meetings and Alliance meetings
- Attend coach’s clinics for continued education
- Effective introduction and use of new and innovative tools, such as video feedback, tempo trainers and race pace training.
- Be involved in the development and promotion of swim meets hosted by the club
- Maintain a swim lesson program
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Head coaching experience would be highly desired
- Experience in developing swimmers from beginners to the national level
- Bachelor’s Degree
- ASCA level 3 desirable
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all background checks and certifications
- Highest level of integrity, great demeanor and respect for all
- An understanding of the collegiate recruitment process
- Must be clear and concise with written and verbal communication
- Must be well versed and have a working knowledge of Team Unify, Team Manager and meet Manager
- Familiar with budgeting procedures
We will be offering a competitive compensation package based on experience and benefits, including medical, dental and a retirement program.
The South Shore Sails would like applicants to submit a cover letter and resume with at least three references via e-mail to KevinDuke@SouthShoreFitness.com.