Head Coach Essential Responsibilities:
- Leadership, organization, knowledge of new advance training/coaching techniques, along with dryland implementation for our swimming program.
- Exceptional organization and leadership skills in order to administrate, direct and lead a staff of 8 assistant coaches for the different groups.
- Motivate and supervised the various responsibilities of the coaching staff towards the athletes.
- Evaluate, administer and improve the growth of the CRL swimming team. Utilizing and working with the club’s Swimming Academy as to discover new talent. Being the Swimming Academy the natural pathway “feeder” of the club’s future swimmers.
- Having a direct responsibility in how, who and when to invite swimmers from the academy into the competitive team.
- Organize strategic planning with specific standards and goals in order to promote and motivate competitive swimmers of CRL. Having a clear road map in who and when a swimmer is moved into a different training group.
- Know how and when to delegate responsibilities to the rest of the coaching staff; so, mission and goals can be achieved.
- Capacity to create a healthy competitive environment. Promoting team spirit above all and the cohesion of the different groups as a “one team vision”.
- Promote and emphasize stroke technique in order to achieve a better/faster/happier swimmer.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Swimming Committee, coaching staff and parents through newsletters (weekly), website and social media updates, and email for the purpose of establishing and keeping a clear line of communication for parents/swimmers and all members.
- Collaborate and support Swimming Committee on the development of budget and fundraising activities, in the form of social & athletic activities, such as Swimathon, sponsors etc.
Qualifications and Expectations for the Head Coach Position
- Exceptional qualities of leadership and organization.
- Bachelor degree (minimum) or higher (Masters preferred, not required) or proven and verifiable stellar coaching accomplishments.
- Current swimming coaching credentials (background check etc.) in good standing and abide by USA Swimming code of conduct.
- Compliance with MAAP (Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy) y USA Safe Sport” (https://www.usaswimming.org/docs/default-source/safe-sportdocuments/maapp/usaswimmingmaapp.pdf)
- ASCA Level 3-4 (preferred) or higher.
- Preferred 5-10 years of competitive coaching with a swimming member club.
- Preferred experience of at least 3 years coaching swimmers that have achieved different competitive levels such as “TAGS”, “Jr. Olympics”, “USA Zones”, “Sectionals”, “Futures” or better.
- Strong integrity, patience and passion for coaching.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Spanish proficiency level (at least intermediate).
- Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of Team Unify, Team Manager, Meet Manager, On Deck, Meet Mobile and other technology/software platforms that are used to develop swimmers (e.g. underwater stroke analysis).
- The candidate should demonstrate exceptional qualities in coaching and mentoring young athletes, as well as a passion for coaching.
- Applicant must understand the importance of teamwork in order to advance the CRL competitive team. Candidate can work well independently and in a team environment.
The position is eligible for a very competitive compensation plan.
The CRL offers opportunities for coach growth developments via vis continuing education, clinics and team travel.
The CRL is under the governance of an elected Board of Directors. The CRL Board appoints a Swimming Committee to help Head Coach perform duties.