Summary: PVST is seeking a head coach to serve in either a full time or part time capacity.
- Responsible for overall team management, to include but not limited to meet entries, coordination of team travel, fundraising, and recruitment of swimmers
- Assist in marketing and growth of team
- Encourage swimmers of all levels to achieve their maximum potential, while offering a positive environment for all
- Develop structure of team to ensure individual and group development
- Ensure USA Swimming Policies and Procedures are being observed
- Train all staff on protocols and procedures.
- Work with the board for coordination and organization of the meet schedule at the local, sectional, zone and national levels
- Maintain partnership with the City of Pocatello Recreation Center to schedule pool time for swim practice
- Promote and encourage professional development and coaching certifications among assistant coaches
- As a non-profit organization the Head Coach reports to the Board of Directors.
- Perform additional duties as necessary and assigned by the board.
- Age group and novice coaches will report to head coach.
- Certified USA Swimming Coach (member)
- 5 years aquatics experience
- Basic computer skills
- Experience working with parents and community
- Coaching experience with both developmental and elite swimmers
- Communication skills
- USA Swimming coach with 2 years coaching experience
- Post-secondary degree
- Team Unify and Hytek experience
- Web management experience
- Commensurate w/ experience