Sarasota Shark Inc.
Title: Age Group Assistant Coach
Effective Date: 9/18/19
Supervisor: Lead Group Coach
An Age Group Assistant Coach will assist a Lead Age Group Coach in all aspects of the group as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in designing and executing the training plan for the group.
- Attend swim meets as assigned.
- Execute strong communication skills with all athletes, parents, and staff.
- Assist in administering daily workouts and maintaining group attendance reports.
- Able to communicate and engage elementary and middle school age athletes in practice and keep them excited about learning and acquiring new skills.
- May be required to complete other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Ability to become USA Swimming certified.
- Enthusiasm for long term development of athletes.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Work in a team environment.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Social Media experience.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, sun exposure, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.