Head Swim Coach
Watertown Area Swim Club – Watertown, SD
Full Time –
Watertown Area Swim Club is looking to hire a Head Swim Coach for our club team. Swimmers age 5 – 19 years of age. Position requires a motivated and enthusiastic coach with knowledge of competitive swimming.
- Abide by the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and WASC policies and procedures.
- Swim coaching experience and current swim coach certification with USA Swimming.
- Lifeguard Certification
Ideal Candidate possesses:
- Proven success coaching all levels.
- Strong core values that include respect, trust, and integrity.
- Cooperative and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, and co-workers
- Personality that motivates swimmers.
- Desire to increase the number of athletes who swim year round
- Knowledge of programs including Hy-Tek, Meet Manager, Team Unify, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Coach all age groups in practice and at designated meets.
- Maintain and pursue continuing education related to all athletes at his/her level about proper stroke technique.
- Responsible for implementing/enforcing any and all rules or guidelines as outlined in the Team Handbook.
- Ensure proper communication with parents and swimmers
- Must be able to show support and belief in the WASC program structure as a whole.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and amount of duties accepted. Currently the team has a head coach and a team manager. $35,000 - $55,000