Oct 11, 2019
Montrose Marlins Swim Club in Montrose, Colorado has an immediate opening for an experienced and enthusiastic Head Swim Coach.
Title: Montrose Marlins Swim Club Head Coach
Reports to: Board of Directors
Position Status : Part-time, year round
Montrose Marlins Swim Club is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated Head Swim Coach candidate for our year-round competitive swim team, with a love for the sport who can work well with children and be able to communicate well with the coaching staff, swimmers, and their parents.
The Montrose Marlins Swim Team is a USA Swimming affiliated, year-round competitive swim team offering high quality professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. The goal of our team is to provide every member an opportunity to improve swimming skills and achieve success at his or her level of ability, from novice to international competitor. We are a nonprofit 501c3 organization under the direction of a volunteer parent run Board of Directors. We have 70-90 swimmers in six progressive training groups: Little Nemos, Zoomers, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Juniors/Seniors that train year-round with a staff of five certified coaches. These groups are designed to provide athletes with a fun team atmosphere where swimmers of similar ability and commitment practice together and TEAM is emphasized in a competitive setting. We also offer an adult Masters swim group.
The Marlins have swimmers from beginning age group to nationally-ranked athletes. This includes numerous zone, sectional and even junior national level athletes. Many of our Marlins alumni have gone on to swim collegiately at top-ranked universities, including the Air Force Academy, Denver University and Northwestern University.
Team Site: www.montrosemarlins.org
Coaching Responsibilities & Duties:
• Plan and develop a competitive swim program.
• Plan and develop engaging and level appropriate workouts.
• Create a calendar of swim meets to attend throughout the year and encourage participation.
• Develop and communicate team vision and goals.
• Conduct, as applicable, individual swimmer/coach conferences to set goals for the season.
• Supervise and evaluate assistant and junior coaches.
• Assist in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and supervising all assistant coaches.
• Create a safe, positive swimming environment, including bully prevention.
• Be approachable and visible to all club members and all swim team families.
• Bring an enthusiastic and energetic approach to each and every practice.
• Maintain efficient communication with swimmers and parents regarding information necessary for the day to day functioning of the club.
• Serve as the liaison with the Montrose Recreation District Staff.
• Work with the Meet Director and Admin Official to develop and host the team’s three annual home meets, held in January, July and November each year.
• Perform administrative duties for the team, including team membership and communication.
• Must have USA Swimming Coach Certification
Experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a competitive environment (ability to get in the water with younger swimmers).
• Swimming experience at the club, high school or collegiate level.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of competitive swimming strokes, techniques of competitive swimming/physical conditioning, rules and regulations.
• Ability to set and achieve individual and team goals and encourage others to do the same
• Driver’s license and ability to travel
Compensation is negotiable based on experience but ranges from $20 - $22/hour, and will average approximately 10-25 hours per week. The Marlins will also pay $50 per meet, plus lodging, miles, and per diem. Professional fees and continuing education opportunities are paid for/reimbursed by the team. Additional bonus may be awarded at the discretion of the Board.
How to Apply
Review of applicants will begin immediately, with desirable start date of January 1, 2020.
Send applications to: email@example.com
A complete application consists of:
• Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the applicant is prepared to fulfill
Montrose Marlins Swim Club
Montrose Recreation, Woodgate Road, Montrose, CO, USA