Dec 26, 2019
Tracy Triton Swim Club is seeking an energetic and highly motivated candidate for a seasonal/part-time Head Coaching position. Candidate will be in charge of overseeing all aspects of establishing, training, competing and managing the swim team. Work with all coaches to develop, maintain, and implement a safe swim program for all age groups involved, including training and events that are off-site and not at regular schedules times. Represents the club in a professional manner through image, dress and ability to communicate effectively.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must be Lifeguard certified or willing to get certified.
· Minimum two years coaching experience.
· Swim lesson instruction experience for all ages preferred.
· Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
· Ability to communicate effectively with parents, personnel and other coaches.
· Ability to train, direct and motivate the assistant coach(s) and junior coach(s).
· Must have a high level of understanding of the sport of recreational swimming and ability to inspire swimmers to reach their goals.
· Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
· Efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision.
· Ability to learn to be able to create and submit meet entries for any meet (home and away), on time as specified in the MVSL by-laws.
· Ability to learn and use current programs utilized by the team, including Meet Manager, Team Unify, Word & Excel Software, and operate When-I-Work.
· Accuracy and time management skills are vital.
· A strong desire to succeed, professionalism, maturity, leadership skills and integrity are necessary.
· Must be eager to learn, enthusiastic and be a team player.
· Must provide own transportation.
DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
· Supervises the swimmers during practices, meets and any other swim periods.
· Teach proper stroke techniques while coaching.
· Handles all swim meet preparation, which may include equipment set-up.
· Leads daily practices.
· Creates line-ups for all swim meets.
· Works with the Junior coache(s) on time management, practice structure, record keeping for swimmers, and overall aptitude for coaching.
· Works with all coaches on meet set-up, line-ups, creation of workouts and practice development for each season.
· Attends and participates in coaches’ meetings.
· Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
· Creates an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants.
· May need to perform additional duties as assigned by coaches’ liaison.
· Assist in planning and attend all events related to the swim team, including team registration events, pre-season meetings with parents, clinics, and social events for each age group, monitor and evaluate performance of assistant coach(s) and junior coach(s).
· Work is typically performed outdoors in varying and occasionally extreme (hot/cold) weather conditions.
· Ability to arrive at work on time for all scheduled work shifts required.
· Ability to work weekends, evenings, and pre-determined holidays.
· It is necessary to adapt to a frequently changing environment.
· Position requires daily public contact.
· It is sometimes necessary to deal with unpleasant or angry people with the need to problem solve difficult situations.
· Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
· Frequently required to climb or balance and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· Be able to get into pool to demonstrate proper stroke techniques while coaching.
· Must occasionally sit for extended periods and regularly walk around the facility.
· Must occasionally talk, in a clear loud voice, so swimmers can hear/understand instructions.
· Must frequently move 10 pounds and in the event of an emergency lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required but this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· It is necessary for the position to travel independently to swim meet locations or Clubs on a regular basis.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Tracy Triton Swim Club is an equal opportunity employer.
Tracy Triton Swim Team
Tracy, CA, USA