Feb 17, 2020
Rockford Riptide (ROCK) a USA Swimming (USAS) competitive swim club and part of the Rockford Aquatics program.
The assistant coach for the Rockford Riptide Swim Team aides in the development of swimmer to learn all four competitive strokes, starts, turns and finishes. Coach works with Rockford Riptide's head coach/general manager and Riptide USA coaching staff in the development of programs, workouts, swim meets and assessment of incoming and advancing swimmers. The primary goal of the Assistant coach is to prepare and support the Riptide swimmer in their journey in the sport of competitive (USA) swimming with Rockford Riptide's Age Group USA Swim Team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Previous competitive swim coaching experience (2+ years) desired and love for the sport of swimming.
- Ability to meet all USA Swimming certification and coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Background check, Athlete Protection, Lifeguarding, First Aid, etc.)
- Ability to demonstrate mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including punctuality, confidentiality, nd ability to function in a multi-task environment.
- Can clearly define the importance of role the club plays in the scope of Rockford Aquatics.
- Provide a solid understanding of swimming biomechanics, dryland training, including progression training, drill and clinic style teaching.
- Efficient computer skills including, but not limited to, email, Excel, Word, Team Manager, Meet Manager, and Team Unify.
- Desire to create a positive training environment for all swimmers.
- Demonstrated ability to work well and communicate effectively with swimmers of all ages/abilities, staff and administrators.
- Take attendance and oversee the conduct of workouts geared to the ability of the swimmers at this level.
- Work directly in and out of the water instructing swimmers of all ages/abilities.
- Provide positive, constructive feedback t swimmers to enhance technique and motivation.
- Manage, observe and evaluate swimmer performance at practices and meets.
- Work with head coach/general manager, Jr Riptide coaches and USA coaches to evaluate incoming swimmers and promote swimmer advancement within the session.
- Work with head coach and assistant coaches in the development of programs.
- Provide on-going communication to Riptide membership regarding practice updates, team events, swimmer advancement, etc.
- Attend coaches meetings as scheduled.
- Knows and conforms to all Club policies, rules, regulations; supports the ongoing clinical vision of Rockford Riptide.
- Notifies head coach/general manager of any membership or facility issues or concerns within 24 hours.
- Takes proactive steps to communicate/educate parents about club policies, procedures, stroke technique, meet entry and registration.
- Willingness for continued education in the profession.
- Conduct parent info meeting each session.
- Attend team events as requested.
Hours and Compensation:
Fall / Winter / Spring Monday - Friday evening availability and some weekends. Summer AM?PM availability and some weekends. 10-20 hours weekly depending on season activities.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Non-salaried position that does include reimbursement of travel expenses.
Practices are primarily held in Rockford, MI at the Rockford High School or at the North Rockford Middle School.
See www.riptide.org for more information about the Club.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rockford Riptide Swim Club
Rockford, MI, USA