May 29, 2019
Salary Range :11.0000 To 12.5000 (USD) Hourly
Looking for a job where you can have fun AND make a difference in your community? Consider the Y!
The YMCA of Southern Maine is a charitable community organization committed to building strong communities through programs and services for all. We value diversity and inclusion, and actively work to create a safe, welcoming place for our neighbors. Each year, we serve over 30,000 people through child care, early childhood education, water safety, housing
support, summer camp, and community outreach and health programs. As a nonprofit organization, our programs are accessible to all, regardless of one’s ability to pay.
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Head Lifeguard is charged with effectively and safely supervising the pool environment to prevent drowning and injuries by providing safety instructions, recognizing and responding to emergencies, rendering CPR and first aid, in accordance with the policies established by the YMCA. These policies must be followed within the National YMCA guidelines.
• Current YMCA or American Red Cross Lifeguard certification.
• Certified Pool Operator (within 90 days).
• YMCA Lifeguard Instructor AND/OR ARC Lifeguard Instructor (w/in 6 months).
• High School Diploma.
• 2-4 years of experience in Aquatics field.
• 1 year of supervisory experience.
• Automatic External Defribulator (AED) and Oxygen (02) Training.
• Working knowledge Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to effectively communicate in person and on the phone with all levels of employees and members.
• Effective interpersonal skills, with a customer service focus.
• Ability to work independently as well as within teams.
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to details.
• Extremely reliable, dependable, and punctual.
• Good decision making skills.
• Ability to take initiative and be self-motivated.
• Possess a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and ability to travel locally.
Cost shared premium with Health, Dental. Employer paid Short & Long Term Disability and Life insurance, when eligible 7% employer contribution toward Retirement plan, Free Individual or Family YMCA membership, casual work environment with a culture focused on relationship building and our mission. Generous Paid Time Off Policy granted Immediately upon hire: 224 hours of PTO (prorated based on hire date), 5 days of Floating Holiday and 6 paid Holidays.
YMCA of Southern Maine
Biddeford, ME, USA