I am committed to the development of swimmers both in and out of the water. I want my
swimmers to become faster, stronger, and smarter. Most importantly, I want them to develop into
individuals who will go on to make a positive impact on the world, my athletes are people first. I
treat them with the respect that they deserve and build connections that will foster an
environment to get better every day.
● Developed quality practices following an in-depth, individualized season plan.
● Varied coaching style to motivate and meet the needs of a wide range of abilities.
● Organized travel to competitions across Ohio.
● Coached girl’s team to the highest OHSAA State Tournament finish in school history.
● Worked with OHSAA state finalists, state runner-ups, program record holders, and All Americans.
Along with these duties and achievements, I was brought in to the Olentangy High School program to improve team chemistry and rebuild the program that had just lost half its swimmers due to a new high school opening up.
● Motivated swimmers to train smart at a high level while efficiently developing stroke mechanics and speed.
● Coached multiple state-level swimmers to compete for their respective high schools.
● Oversaw all practices for extended time while the head coach attended coaching clinics.
● Welcomed the addition of leading age group practices to my workload during the 2019 long course season
Along with these duties, I work mainly with the high school group but have also worked with the age group program. I was initial brought in to work with our pre-competitive program and developmental 13-14 program. I make it my responsibility to make myself available for any coverage they is needed within the program.
● Developed a season plan with a heavy emphasis on stroke mechanics.
● Built strong league connections through efficient communication.
● Team operator of Hy-Tek software.
● Coached multiple league champions and record holders.
Along with these duties came into this program, I came to the program during a time of heavy coaching turnover and helped turn around the coach to parent relations that the program had struggled with. The program is the most well run it has been in years. I would still be working with the program if the hours worked with my schedule.
● Assisted Head Coach Ron Allen on deck, in the weight room, and at swim meets.
● Participated in the Ernie Maglischo clinic put on by Ashland University Swim and Dive.
During this time I was the volunteer assistant while no assistant coach was on staff. While volunteering I coached myself along with others as president of the Ashland University Swim Club.