Shaler Area Swim Club
Head Age Group Swim Coach
Our vision is to empower young people to be champions in and out of the water for a lifetime.
Shaler Area Swim Club (SASC) is seeking a part-time Head Age Group Swim Coach to compliment our year-round competitive swim staff. We are an AMS and USA Swimming affiliated team. We offer a competitive pay rate, paid training and certification fees, and flexibility as well as great team of swimmers, families, and Parent Board!
- Directly coach at least one swim level, ability to support other levels and group coverage as needed
- Write/co-write practice plans as necessary; Lead practices following plans provided.
- Attends swim meets as determined by Head Swim Coach and Board; Assists in supervising athletes at meets
- Acknowledge Club Handbook and Policies; Enforce discipline policies for swimmers
- Establishes an environment that fosters positive team attitude while teaching self-discipline, sportsmanship, responsibility, and respect
- Demonstrates mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including punctuality, confidentiality, positive and constructive feedback, and the ability to function in a multi-task environment
- Is a positive role model, maintaining high ethical and moral standards, and adhering to AMS Swimming Coach’s Code of Conduct
- Experience as a competitive swimmer at the High School/Collegiate level is required.
- Experience as an Assistant Swim Coach or Swim Instructor is required.
- Experience working with young children in an instructive capacity is required.
- USA Swimming Coach certification is required. Lifeguard and CPR Certification is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Working flexible hours including nights and weekends, and attending swim meets; coordinates with coaching staff meet and practice coverage
- Ability to coach in the mornings 8-10am during the months of June, July and August and 5:00-7:30pm during the months of September through March (Monday through Friday) as well as participate in team meets on weekends throughout the swim season. Approx.10-15 hours per week.