Several things about SMAC:
1) SMAC has been part of USA Swimming for the last 18 years.
2) SMAC is located in gorgeous Haywood County, the gateway to Smoky Mountain National Park. Haywood County has over 60,000 people and is comprised of the towns of Waynesville, Maggie Valley, Canton, and Clyde.
3) SMAC swimmers practice at Waynesville Recreation Center, a short-course pool and a beautiful facility. Address: 550 Vance Street Waynesville, NC 28786.
4) SMAC currently has around 30 swimmers its Gold and Silver groups, including an excellent nucleus of committed families and swimmers.
5) Two of our most recent coaches have been Scott Simmons and Charlie McCanless.
6) At present, we are being coached by Mike Rowe, a retired swim coach who is doing an excellent job for us. However, Coach Rowe has clearly communicated that he is not to be viewed as a long-term solution for the program.
7) We are looking for a high character, innovative, competent, motivated, personable teacher/coach to assume leadership over SMAC and to grow the program. I do not believe it is an overstatement to say that the right coach could double the program attendance in 6 months.
8) Anyone interested in becoming the head swim coach of SMAC can contact Swim Board President Frank Bonomo at 828-550-6677 and/or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.