Shaler Area Swim Club (SASC) in Pittsburgh, PA is seeking a part-time Assistant Swim Coach to compliment our year-round competitive swim staff. We are an AMS and USA Swimming affiliated team. We offer a competitive pay rate, paid training and certification fees, flexibility in scheduling as well as a great team of swimmers, families, and Parent Board!
* Directly coach at least one swim level, ability to support other levels and group coverage as needed
* Write/co-write practice plans as necessary; Lead practices following plans provided.
* Attends swim meets as determined by Head Swim Coach and Board; Assists in supervising athletes at meets
* Acknowledge Club Handbook and Policies; Enforce discipline policies for swimmers
* Establishes an environment that fosters positive team attitude while teaching self-discipline, sportsmanship, responsibility, and respect
* Demonstrates mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including punctuality, confidentiality, positive and constructive feedback, and the ability to function in a multi-task environment
* Is a positive role model, maintaining high ethical and moral standards, and adhering to AMS Swimming Coach’s Code of Conduct
* Experience as a competitive swimmer at the High School/Collegiate level is required.
* Experience as an Assistant Swim Coach or Swim Aid/Instructor is required.
* Experience working with young children in an instructive capacity is required.
*USA Swimming Coach certification, Lifeguard and CPR Certification is required. This can be obtained upon the hiring process.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to work well in team environment.
* Working flexible hours including nights and weekends, and attending swim meets; coordinates with coaching staff meet and practice coverage
* Ability to coach 5:30- 7:30pm during the months of April-early June, in the mornings 8-10am during the months of June-July and; 5:30-7:30 September and October; 3:30-6pm November through early March (Monday through Friday) as well as participate in team meets on weekends throughout the swim season. 10-20 hours per week.
please contact us to set up a discussion at firstname.lastname@example.org