The Head Swim Team Coach is responsible for organizing and conducting practices, clinics, meets and other events for the Wallingford Dolphins Swim Team. This team is sponsored by the Wallingford Family YMCA and participates in the Yankee Cluster Swim League. This program is conducted in accordance with the missions and policies of the Wallingford Family YMCA, the YMCA of the USA, and USA Swimming.
This is a part time, non-exempt(up to 28 hours per week, with seasonal fluctuations) position.
- A minimum of Lifeguarding (YMCA or ARC) and CPR/AED/AEO.
- Coaching certifications from one or more of the following certifying agencies: YMCA of the USA, or USA Swimming (both will be required within 90 days of hire), or ASCA is preferred.
- Two to four years competitive coaching experience.
- Two years Head Coach preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to communicate recognized principles and practices of coaching young swimmers.
- Demonstrated ability to build a team of quality coaches.
- Great communication skills a must as well as supervision and public relations skills.
- Staff Administration: Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, will assist in recruitment, hiring, training, supervising, motivating and evaluating swim team staff, as well as taking disciplinary action up to and including termination as needed.
- Program Development: Assist with the evaluation and improvement of the swim team program. Assist with the creation of new programs and new collaborations.
- Supervision: Supervise all assistant coaches, coach aids, volunteer coaches, and mentors.
- Complete reports, projects, and assignments as needed or assigned.
- Attend meetings and trainings as needed or assigned.
Resume with relevant qualifications
Copy of Lifeguarding (YMCA or ARC) and CPR/AED/AEO certification with expiration date.
Cover letter with interest in the position
3 references we can easily contact or letters of reference that can be verified.
email address and contact phone number
Contact Megan O’Connor at 203-269-4497 x 121 for more information.
For further information see our website:
You recieve a free gym membership with a scheduled shift.
If the shift is 20+ hours you recieve a free couple or family membership (restrictions apply)