The Assistant Coach Position will report directly the Club Owner and Head Coach. Applicant should have a strong swimming background (competing at the college level preferred) and strong interpersonal skills with both children and adults. Applicants must be hands-on, detail oriented, and foster a positive attitude within the Club. Must be certified with USA Swimming as a non-athlete coach member, passing required USA Swimming background and coaching tests. Applicants must be able to travel locally (and occasionally regionally) for swim meets.
Primary Coach- Red Team, Secondary Coach- Black Team
Provide Swim Lessons for additional compensation
The Red Team consists of 3 groups. They are entry level groups and consist of kids ages 4-11.
- Red 1 is an entry level group with our youngest kids learning the basics of strokes and correct technique.
- Red 2 is our second group and has kids that know the strokes, have the basic techniques and understand the rules of swimming. They are in the beginning stages of complex sets and are able to read the clocks.
- Red 3 is our older swimmers that know the strokes, can comprehend and carry out complex yardage sets, read the clocks and are preparing for advanced groups and/or High School Swimming.
Additional help with assisting the Head Coach in the advanced groups will be discussed with interview.
- Monday: 4:00-6:30 PM
- Tuesday: 4:00- 6:30 PM
- Wednesday: 4:00-6:30 PM
- Thursday: 4:00- 6:30 PM
- Additional hours will be available if needed/able.
- Expected to attend Swim Meets as primary Club coach if needed. Expect 6-8 hours per each day of the meet. Expected to attend community events representing team within the Verrado Community positively. These hours will be compensated.
- All hours underlined are required.
- Club practice hours are: Monday: 6-7 AM, 4:00-7:30 PM
Tuesday: 4:00 -7:30 PM
Wednesday: 6-7 AM, 4:00-7:30 PM
Thursday: 4:00- 7:30PM
Friday: No Practice
Saturday: 6:00AM - 9:00AM
- *Determined upon experience and availability*
- Additional compensation of $30 per hour for swim lessons
- Travel Expenses (Hotel, Meal Allowance, gas) for out of town meets provided
- 10 Paid Time Off days per year (non-transferable)
- Vitras Swim Club typically takes 4 weeks of breaks during the season (2 weeks March/April, 2 weeks early August)