Swim Team Assistant Coach
- NORTH TAMPA AQUATICS
- TAMPA, FL, USA
PART-TIME ASSISTANT COACH
NTA (NORTH TAMPA AQUATICS) is looking for a confident coach with strong leadership skills to motivate and enhance our Developmental program, who is passionate about working with children aged 12 and Under, but is also comfortable coaching all ages and levels. This coach is responsible for bridging the developmental program with the competitive program and developing swimming as a lifelong skill. This coach needs to be able to have good decision making skills that are in the best interest of the athlete and the program and be able to create a safe and positive environment in order for our athletes to be able to reach their potential.
This candidate is an eager coach that enthusiastically coaches athletes to achieve their ultimate potential through proper training and the creation of a positive and healthy athletic environment.
- Lead swimmers to excellence in competition
- Provide excellent customer service on a daily basis
- Keep up on personal professional advancement
- Communicate with members as needed, via email, phone, in person meetings, etc.
- Develop and regularly use motivational tools for swimmers
- Continually enhance personal squad curriculum and use the latest proven techniques and industry trends
- Teach swimmers proper sportsmanship conduct
Essential Job Functions
- Leads and monitors practice sessions for squads assigned by Swim Team Head Coach, including land training.
- Coaches, develops, encourages and inspires swimmers toward competitive excellence.
- Establishes an environment that fosters positive attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship and responsibility.
- Attend meets when assigned by Head Coach.
- Communicates with swimmers, parents and staff.
- Provides meet information to swimmers such as times, dates, locations and cost, well in advance of competition.
- Processes meet entries for assigned group and attendance.
- Utilizes Team Manager and Team Unify for squad communication and administration.
- Promotes member participation in aquatics department programs.
- Handles emergencies, injuries and illness as they arise in partnership with coaching staff.
- Submits accurate time sheets for practice schedule and meet schedule.
- Makes recommendations to the Swim Team Head Coach.
- Attends regularly scheduled coaches and aquatics staff meetings.
- Assists Head coach in developing annual swim meet schedule.
- Adheres to all USA Swimming rules and regulations.
- Promotes and adheres to the NTA code of conduct for self and athletes.
- Complies with all club safety policies and procedures, demonstrating safe work practices.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
Performs other tasks as assigned by Head Coach and Aquatics Director.
Essential Tools, Equipment, Vehicles, and/or Machinery
Essential job functions require the use of a computer, telephone, printer, stopwatch and knowledge of other miscellaneous athletic training equipment. Must own personal transportation.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
Essential job functions require speaking, hearing, seeing, walking, sitting, standing, and swimming.
- Successful completion of all required and approved USA Swimming Safety courses. (CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches and First Aid, Safe Sport and background checks every 2 years)
- Completion of concussion management training within 60 days of employment.
- Coaching member in good standing with USA Swimming.
- Experience in a competitive swim environment required.
- Minimum of 1 year coaching experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Team Manager, Team Unify, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience or ability in establishing and maintaining effective communication with coworkers and members.
- Ability to effectively motivate.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions.
This is an hourly position and pay is commensurate with experience.