Stroke Clinic Coach
For more information and to apply please visit our website at: https://www.elkgroveparks.org/employment-careers-jobs
Under the general supervision of the Aquatics Supervisor- Programs, the Stroke Clinic Coach is responsible for the safety, instruction and training of children participating in the Developmental Stroke Clinic.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create and conduct daily practices based on a training regiment.
- Instruction of swimming skills needed for team participation.
- Provide feedback and demonstrations to swimmers regarding their technique and overall performance.
- Performs the job safely and in compliance with district policies, procedures, work and safety rules.
- Be familiar with the safe operation of any equipment necessary in accomplishing required tasks.
- Must work closely with co-workers.
- Must work around the general population.
- Responsible for the safety of the general public in the pool and on the pool deck including the ability to make decisions to assure safety in and around the aquatic facilities.
- Able to work under stressful situations, including the ability to respond quickly and accurately to all emergencies.
- Works in a wide range of weather conditions which can include cold, rain, and extreme heat.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Flexibility, communication skills and patience.
- Ability to work cooperatively in teams and with others.
- Good knowledge of pertinent safety precautions.
- Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with other employees.
- Must be available July 13th through September 4th
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches. .
- Previous competitive swimming experience.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 per hour