This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under the direction of the Program Director, the Competitive Swim Director is responsible for the management of the competitive swim programs in accordance with the rules and regulations set forth with the YMCA of the USA, USA Swimming and the Goldsboro Family YMCA. The position needs to possess knowledge of competitive swimming and the ability to teach techniques instruction for all ages and abilities. The director is expected to form positive relationships, mentor as appropriate and effectively communicate with coaching staff, swim team members, swim team parents and the YMCA Community. The Director also must be in agreement with the mission of the YMCA and be willing to carry it out.
The Goldsboro YMCA Sharks Swim Team ranges between 65-100 athletes throughout the year and is supported by 4 assistant coaches. Our athletes train in a 8-lane 50 meter Olympic pool with a removable bulkhead. Our athletes currently range from first year swimmers to YMCA National and USA Futures qualifiers. Our facility typically hosts 3 USA swimming competitions a year and has been the host site to many high level championships such as Masters, Senior and Age Group state.
Our facility is also home to 7-Wayne County High School teams consisting of over 300 athletes. We run up to 8 high school meets a season on top of our USA hosted swim meets.
- Supervise, develop and oversee operations of competitive swim team and Wayne County High School Swimming.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate staff. Maintain a quality and professional staff.
- Develop training philosophy that is appropriate for each level of competitive swimming.
- Develop a well-rounded competitive aquatic program that develops well-rounded swimmers.
- Responsible for total management of swim team including:
- Schedule swim meets, team building events, coordinate logistics (i.e. work with parents committee in securing volunteers to run meets, etc.)
- Supervise entire swim meet activities including warm-ups and events; ensure the safety of the swimmers.
- Attend YMCA and USA Swim Meets, clinics and LSC/YMCA league meetings as required.
- Responsible for coordinating times for swim practice schedules (including Wayne County High School Swim Teams) with the Aquatics Director that will not conflict with member programs.
- Attend and participate in program activities, staff meetings and staff trainings.
- Assist with community events such as Healthy Kids Day, Open Houses and Annual Community Support Campaign.
- Participate in YMCA workshops, trainings and seminars that will enhance professional growth.
- Share responsibility for the success of the overall Association performance and help maintain a positive image for the YMCA.
- Demonstrate and model the YMCA’s four core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
- Exhibit personal and professional behavior in a manner consistent with the best interest of the Association, so as not to bring discredit to the Association.
- Cooperate, work effectively and congenially with all YMCA staff members, volunteers, and members of the Association.
- Perform such other job-related duties as may be periodically assigned by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- ASCA Level 3 or Higher
- First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, Swim Coaches Safety Training.
- Preferred certifications include YMCA/ American Red Cross Lifeguarding, Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming and Diving.
$35,000.00 – $38,000.00
HOW TO APPLY
Apply by Email
Resumes Accepted Until 8/24/2018