Head Swim Coach – Fort Dodge Site
Ames Cyclones Aquatics Club
ACAC Swim Team, a value-based, purpose-driven organization, is in search of an experience coach to join our staff and run the site in Fort Dodge Iowa. This is full time, salaried position, to directly coach Senior to Age Group athletes and help build the Fort Dodge Site program.
General Statement of Duties:
Duties include responsible for his/her own training groups throughout the season as well as leading and directing the rest of the program in Fort Dodge. In addition to being salaried, this position offers consistent hours, health benefits, and the opportunity to earn additional income through private lessons and opportunity to build a swim lesson program. Meet travel and required certifications are reimbursed.
The ideal candidate has at least two year of experience as a lead coach with swimmers 12 and over, strong technical background, and competitive swimming experience.
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- Strong leadership skills to engage children and adults
- Kind and fun attitude toward swimmers of all skill levels
- Collaborative spirit and willingness to learn
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, or similar programs
- Knowledge of Team Unify application
- Develop season training structure and plans that are age and ability appropriate.
- Run practices for multiple groups each day (Monday – Saturday)
- Attend swim meets regularly (weekends)
- Consult with athletes/parents regarding meets and entries.
- Maintain accurate attendance records
- Hold goal meetings with swimmers each season.
- Prepare swim evaluations and group placement recommendations each season.
- Provide direction to assistant coaching support.
- work with the community to build program numbers
- Hold parent meetings to educate families on volunteer roles and team building.
- Plan, organize and execute “bring friend nights” each fall and spring for possible new families.
- Assist with creating weekly parent and coaches e-newsletters regarding weekly workout and meet announcements.
- Respond to parent communications, in person, by phone, or email in a timely fashion.
- Respond and collaborate with ACAC head coach.
- Provide input in annual team planning meetings regarding season objectives, strategies, themes and structure.
- Answer to ACAC Head coach and report regularly with him.
- Adhere to ACAC team values: Everyone is welcome regardless of ability and we will take you where you are at and help you get to where you want to go.
ACAC is a Bronze Medal club located in Ames and Fort Dodge Iowa. The Fort Dodge site has had up to 90 swimmers and is now needing of someone to re-build the program. The site has produced multiple D1/D2 college level athletes, as well as current Futures/NCSA level athletes. Fort Dodge is where a coach has a real opportunity to build their own program while having the support of the larger overall ACAC organization.
Please send resume and cover letter detailing your coaching experience and swimming background, plus references to firstname.lastname@example.org